Jer had angioplasty done over his fall break. He has a stent in his heart and since becoming married and now insured ("you're welcome" says your full time employed wife!) decided back in August to make a visit to his doctor which is at Primary Children's (since he has had this problem since childhood). After a few hours of tests and procedures the doctor felt it would be best to do another angioplasty to really see what was going on. So we scheduled it for a couple months later and just waited. The surgery came and went great and the doctor was really pleased with everything he saw and was able to ballon out his stent a little bit more to hopefully help his blood pressure. Jer spent the night in the hospital and I was able to take him home the next afternoon! After just a couple days he was back to his "normal" self! All in all the experience went well (minus the fact that he passed out on me and the nurse after 6 hours of laying down and then getting up to go to the bathroom. . . . talk about a fast way to get 5 nurses and the doctor back in the room!)
Thanks to everyone who thought about us that day!
The staff there were all just so wonderful and I hope that we never have to spend anymore time at that hospital. . . it was sad hearing crying babies and seeing all the children who were patients there, how lucky we are for our good health!
This is the only picture I got . . . . I sure do love "my boy!"

Aw... your little boy is so cute!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that he is doing good. I had no idea that was happening.
Ya, Primary Children's is awesome. We spent a few weeks up there when Cloey was a baby and getting surgery so we know all about the blankets, the crying, the good doctors and nurses and all the fun nights sleeping on a chair/bed. I hope you don't have to go back any time soon even though it is a great hospital.
I am so glad that you are doing better and that the surgery went well. I hope you dont have to go back either. Thanks for letting us know.
ReplyDeleteWe are glad he is doing better. Hopefully this time the surgery will last a while longer. Good job keeping those nurses on their toes Jer!!
ReplyDelete