Friday, June 4, 2010

Frozen Cake

We kept the top of our wedding cake (well let me rephrase that . . mom and dad kept our wedding cake for us in their freezer for the past 12 months!) The cake lady told my mom how to wrap it so it would freeze good. Jeremy was really excited to eat some, since he didn't get any at our reception. After we unwrapped a few layers of foil and saran wrap we got to the cake. It actually kept really well and it still had the key lime taste to it!

4 comments:

  1. We kept our cake too. We didn't use quite so much wrapping though. I was surprised how well it kept. I like the new background too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your cake kept so well. Ours didn't. We moved twice in one year and I don't think our cake was a priority. I wish it had been because I only had that one bite for pictures and all I got was frosting in the mouth so it would have been fun.
    Key lime? Sounds so light and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOooooooooh! Yum! I love key lime! I guess I must have missed that at the reception too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake lady make a good cake. Mmmm...
    I agree that we should do lunch. I just have to stop being lazy and call you!

    ReplyDelete