Jeremy and I look forward to one day living on ground level (hopefully in a house, with a yard) so that we can have our own garden. Until then we will continue to dream and grow our flowers and peppers in planter boxes. (Last year we tried to grow tomatoes, but didn't have too much success as our balcony only gets a few hours of sunshine every morning, dang north facing apartments!)
We love our balcony! Our flowers and peppers seem to be loving it too!
My beautiful anniversary gift hanging basket
(You will notice it isn't hanging but sitting on a sturdy table. Last year I had a hanging basket, which was in fact hanging from our third floor balcony. One day the hanging basket ended up on our door step after it fell down three stories and landed on the grass below. Our neighbors so graciously gave it back to us. I wonder if it would have hit one of them if they would have just thrown it in the dumpster! We haven't tried to hang another one since!)
(You will notice it isn't hanging but sitting on a sturdy table. Last year I had a hanging basket, which was in fact hanging from our third floor balcony. One day the hanging basket ended up on our door step after it fell down three stories and landed on the grass below. Our neighbors so graciously gave it back to us. I wonder if it would have hit one of them if they would have just thrown it in the dumpster! We haven't tried to hang another one since!)
I love hummingbirds! We have been hanging feeders every year to get them to come around. But this year we have also had interest from other creatures.....
10 points if you can tell us what kind of birds these are. The hummingbirds do come around quite a bit and yesterday performed a "shuttle" maneuver right on our balcony (we read that in a book). It was pretty cool. They will also land on the feeders and spend a little more time as well. They are fun to watch and are pretty quick (hence no pictures of actual hummingbirds yet)!
No comments:
Post a Comment