When we bought our house one of the things we loved about it was the yard, garden space and the already 5 fruit trees that were planted (apricot, plum, pear, and 2 peach trees). Jeremy had such motivation to get things ready to plant a garden and has done so great in taking care of it the past few months! It was a lot like the Little Red Hen story where I just benefited from all his hard work since I mostly just stayed in the house and took care a baby! But I got my turn to work after it was all picked and we needed to do something with it all! Thanks to my moms help (and Jeremy's help on the weekend) we bottled tomatoes, peaches, peach jam and salsa. We have been enjoying fresh plums every day too (unfortunately our apricot and pear tree didn't produce this year).
Avery was a real good helper!
The dang birds started eating our peaches so we had to put netting over the tree. Can you spy Jeremy in the tree?!
The peaches were beautiful and big and oh so yummy!
I look pretty terrible in this picture, but after a long day of working in the kitchen it was nice to cuddle with this sweet thing!
Peach Jam!
Tomatillo Salsa
A perfect peach
Life is just a bowl of peaches!
Crazy tomato
Even crazier tomato
I went to enrichment night (or whatever they call it now) and they taught us how to make bread so I thought I had better try. It turned out ok, I need to perfect it though. I think I need to improve my kneading skills!
Megs, this is amazing!! All those peaches and everything you were able to can is incredible. I'm impressed that Jeremy gardens and did all that for you and how nice to have your mom close enough to come help you as well.
ReplyDeleteLove the bread. You'll get it. It looks good though!!