Sunday, April 11, 2010

Nothing New (but one LONG post!)

So nothing new has really been happening around here. Jer is busy with his last few weeks of his senior semester. He is working so hard and doing so well in all of his classes. I am just so gosh darn proud of him!

So, since nothing new is going on now, I decided to reminisce a bit about what was happening this time last year. Because clearly, it was a lot more fun (and stressful) versus what boring (but definitely NOT complaining) lives we seem to be living now!

It all started around January of last year when we decided we were going to get married (after dating for over 14 months!). The temple had been called, we had told the parents, I think we had even booked Cactus and Tropicals (where we had our reception). All that was needed was the little sparkly thing on my finger to really make it official!

The last weekend in February we had planned a trip to Logan, to see Shanell, then go out to dinner with Liz and Kyle and go and see a Brian Regan show. After a wonderful night we said bye to Kyle and Liz. I thought we would start to head home but Jer asked me to show me around Logan. (Which I thought was a little strange since it was about 10:30 p.m and we had over an hour to drive to get back home to SLC!) We had fun driving around seeing some of the places I had lived and seeing USU campus that I love! Somehow we ended up at the temple . . . . . . (by this time I was pretty sure the question was coming!) we got out and were walking around the grounds nearly being blown away by the deadly Logan Canyon winds! That is where he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife! It was wonderful, we stayed there for only a couple minutes since it was getting pretty cold! We headed back to the car where I was as giddy as a school girl and couldn't stop staring at what he had just put on my finger! We made a few phone calls, and headed to Shanell's house to show her. (apparently she already had a heads up that this was coming. Because as we were leaving her house earlier that day, I walked out of her house first and as Jeremy was leaving he grabbed the ring box out of his pocket and flashed it to Shanell!) It was fun being able to go over to her house and to be excited with her and her roommates!



Jer thinking . . . . well I guess I can't turn back now!

Me being REALLY excited!

So flash forward a month into April. I started having wedding showers that were just so much fun and we have been SO grateful for. Every time I go to grab something in our kitchen it was given to us either as a wedding gift or at a shower! I still feel thankful for all the gifts almost a year later!

**********************************

I headed up to Logan to see all of my After School Club friends where we ate at the Olive Garden to catch up with everyone and remember all the fun memories that we had! What an AMAZING group of people I worked with, we just had so much fun together and ran some pretty AWESOME programs and events for the kiddos in Logan!

Shanell, Me (Miss Meg), Miss Shelly, Miss Hi-D, Miss Mindee, Liz, Miss Mari, Miss Calley and Miss Tasma. Since this picture was taken, Heidi and Liz have had a baby. Shelly will have a baby in a few weeks, and Calley will get married here shortly too! So much fun!
Shelly, Me and Shanell
Liz, Mindee and Heidi
Tasma, Calley and Mari
It was Tasma's b-day that night so we got to sing to her!

***********************************

Katie Mock Norris (that is just what I call her, don't worry, she didn't hyphenate!) was kind enough to have all of our Logan friends that now live in SLC over to her house for a fun par-tay and shower! It was a blast to see everyone and again talk about all of the great memories we had in Bridgerland and all the fun happenings that Cache Valley has!

Katie, Shizzy and Me
All of the girls! Tricia, Hannah, Barb, Jen, Kera, Jenny, Randah, Shanell, Me and Katie
Me making my funny face to Shanell! We had a fabulous time!

*************************************

Now time for family showers. Aunt Barbie and Auntie Eileen were nice enough to put on a Hjorth/Ranquist Family Shower. We had a fun time, and they did the ol' tradition of tying all of the bows in my hair. Too bad Jer didn't come to kiss them all out, cause there were a lot! (and yes I am wearing the same shirt for both showers . . . I know I am lame!)
Auntie Eileen made me the beautiful quilt
It was fun talking with all of the aunts and cousins! Jer's family also threw me one up in Ogden where I got to meet several members of his extended family. We also had an excellent time, and got our microwave from them which we just love!

So the end. This time last year sure was crazy, but really it was so much fun. I enjoyed seeing all my friends and family and am sure grateful for all of the gifts that we were given to us, and I am sure they will last us for quite a while!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you posted about the proposal, showers and fun times. You look absolutely adorable, especially in that orange shirt... (smile). Thanks for sharing.
    You seem so happy.
    Happy almost ONE YEAR!! Crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete