Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fire!!!

A few weekends ago Jeremy and I went down to Mapleton to spend the day. We were all getting ready to go to dinner when all of the sudden I heard this huge BOOM! Our power flickered off then back on. Mom and I started walking around the house to investigate. She opened the front door and realized that the neighbors were running over to the house right next to ours. I looked out the back window and saw a whole bunch of smoke! We ran outside and saw the neighbors field was on fire. Dad and Jeremy grabbed all of our hoses and hooked them up to start helping. Luckily all of our neighbors were home so it took about 2 minutes for everyone to start battling the field fire! The fire department was called (but remember this is Mapleton . . . . it is a volunteer fire department, so they get the message at home, have to meet at the station and then get to where the fire is!) and came about 10 minutes later. Luckily with all of the joint hoses efforts the fire was pretty much out by the time they got there. They came and doused the field with water. Then just stood around and talked for a while (as the picture below will show!!)

We stayed around and talked to everyone for a minute then was off and headed to dinner . . . . just like any other night!
Good job us!

No comments:

Post a Comment