Avery Rose Greer
Born April 3, 2012
6 pounds 10 ounces
20 inches long
6:54 a.m.
So here is the story. . . . . . (we will get to Avery in a minute!)
We have been looking at homes to buy for several months now, but started looking seriously and got a realtor in January. We went out with her and saw homes for a few weekends in January and February and on Saturday February 25th we looked at a house in Woods Cross and made an offer on it that same day. There were multiple offers on the house and after another offer on our end we found out our offer was accepted on February 28th. Talk about a crazy weekend! We were set to close on the house one month later at the end of March, about a week and a half before my due date! Call us crazy . . .
Here we are in front of our house the day we closed! Our realtor was funny and asked if they could take our picture. I guess I am glad they did!
We took this picture Sunday March 25th. I was about 37 weeks. We had just gotten home from church after saying goodbye to our wonderful ward members that we have loved and became good friends with for the past (almost) 3 years of living in the ward.
Our excellent apartment! (Top left)
The next weekend was moving weekend (Saturday March 31st). We had been packing all month long but really got to packing and cleaning that weekend. My mom came up on Friday and helped us pack and clean to get ready for Saturday (Thanks mom!). Saturday was the big moving day day. Family and friends helped us move to our house and we are so grateful for everyone's help, and can't believe how much "stuff" we have! My parents slept over Saturday night where we worked hard that night and on Sunday (shhh. . . don't tell) on getting things settled and put away (mostly the kitchen and the baby's room). They left that afternoon (thanks again mom and dad . . . I don't know what we would have done without all your help!) and Jeremy and continued to work that night (slowly I am sure!). I felt great all weekend long and went to bed Sunday night excited to have another week and a half until the baby was due so we could continue to organize our home and so I could go back to work to finalize and catch up on things there since I had taken Thursday and Friday off work to move! Well the sweet baby girl had other plans . . . . !
I woke up to my alarm on Monday (April 2nd) about 6:00 a.m. stood up to go get ready for work and felt my water break/leak a little. I just stood there in shock and thought . . . "Holy cow you are kidding me. . . not today!" Jeremy was awake so I told him what happened and he couldn't believe it as well. I wasn't having any contractions so I just got ready for work and was planning on calling my doctor once their office opened at 9:00. (Their office is in the hospital where I was going to deliver and is only about 5 minutes away from my work). I grabbed my hospital bag and drove to work and told a couple of my co-workers what had happened. They thought I was crazy for showing up and I got a couple things done before 9:00 came and I called my dr.'s office. The doctor told me to come in and get checked. I left work hoping I could just go get checked and they would tell me to go back to work and come back to the hospital later! haha Well it didn't really work that way, I was checked in labor and delivery where they confirmed my water had broken and they admitted me right away (about 10:00 a.m)! I called Jeremy and told him what was happening and he made his way to the hospital as well. We hung out for the next few hours and I was getting a few things done for work and letting everyone know what was going on. I was having some contractions but they weren't very strong yet and I wasn't progressing at all. They gave me a pill to help get things going since my body wasn't even ready to be given pitocin. That afternoon and through the night the contractions were getting stronger but I was still not dilating. At midnight I got an epidural and about 4:00 a.m. Tuesday morning the nurse came in and let me know that they would most likely want to do a C-Section and prepped us for what would happen. Every time I would have a contraction the baby's heart rate would go down and it was getting close to 24 hours since my water had broke. The on call dr. (who happened to be our old bishop from our singles ward when we got married!) came in about 6:00 a.m. and talked with us and recommended the C-Section. We were in the operating room within 15 minutes and about 30 minutes after that Avery was born!
Last picture with just the two of us as a family!
Jeremy timed it perfect to take a picture right when I started having a contraction! So I made him take another one afterward with no grimace on my face!
We were all ready in the operating room and had to wait about 5-10 minutes for my doctor to even get there from his house! They told Jeremy he could stand on the other side of the "curtain" to watch, but he graciously declined and sat next to me! He did peek a couple times and saw them pull her out! (He mentioned afterwards that he did see my insides, so when he says "I love your guts" I will really believe him!) Once the doctors started the process it was reassuring hearing their conversation while "operating" on me. I was listening to them discuss my doctors vacation to Disneyland that he just returned from! So somewhere between Pirates of the Caribbean ride to the day at the beach Avery was born! (Good thing they are good multitaskers!)
Cute itty bitty foot!
I was finally able to hold her as they were wheeling me back to the room!
Loves her dad!
Look at the hair!
Sleepy time!
Our very own glow bug! She was a little jaundice, so they had her on lights for a day. She didn't like it much . . . .
and Jeremy didn't like that he couldn't be holding her!
Oh so cute!
First family photo
Grandma and Grandpa Hjorth (and Tessa behind them!)
She is so teeny tiny and always has her cute little feet crossed and turns to her right side! I think she was like that in my belly too!
Look how tired we look and we were still at the hospital! This is the morning we were getting ready to leave! I was admitted on Monday and we left Saturday morning (talk about a long stay!)
Such a big car seat for such a little girl!
At home sleeping on the couch!
First bath
Grandma and Grandpa Greer
Grandpa Hjorth
Sleeping in the cradle built by dad and Grandpa Hjorth (more on that to come!)
We had lots of visits from family and friends and had so much fun visiting with everyone!
Amanda, Katie and Ellie
Ellie was so cute and sweet with Avery and was so soft giving her loves!
Avery always has to have her arms up! If she isn't swaddled her arms will be up by her face or even over her head. Jeremy thinks it is funny because he says that is how I sleep.
One sock on, one sock off. I can't get enough of those feet!
She can't stand to be naked (or even in a onesie!) and loves to be wrapped tight!
Superhero Grandma Hjorth. She was able to come and stay with us for a week when we got home from the hospital. I couldn't do much once we got home and Jeremy was back to work. She cooked, cleaned, (our kitchen sink looks brand new thanks to her!) drove me to dr. appointments and snuggled Avery so I could take showers and naps! We don't know what we would have done without her!
Comparing Avery to the remote!
More cousin visits! Miranda brought Hatee, Maren and Micah to say hi!
Professional baby holders!
Our little Papoose (Jeremy is responsible for this!)
Robin, Charlotte and Levi came down to have some snuggle time too! Levi couldn't get enough of Avery and Charlotte will be a great babysitter in a few years!
Mowing the lawn for the first time! Jeremy is so great around the house and has already made a few helpful home improvements!
Stretch!
Yikes! Who turned out the lights!?
For the shower my coworkers threw me at work they all decorated onesie's. My coworker Kathy made this one that says "Kathy is my new best friend." So I had to take a picture to send it to them. These next few pictures are all within a couple minutes! Lots of emotions!
First trip to the grocery store. No, we are not putting her in the trunk!
Sleeping like a baby!
Phew . . . done . . for now! We love this sweet girl so much and are so grateful for her good health and to be able to be her parents!






She is just so sweet! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteShe looks so itty bitty compared to my over due "well done" Bowen with a large Bagley head! What a cutie!!!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for moms right? I sure did miss having my mom come help this time. I can't wait to see you guys and meet Avery!
I loved reading all about your experience. How crazy and yet so perfect. She's darling!!! Thanks for all those fun pictures. I bet you are just in heaven right now. Enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteshe is sooo beautiful! congrats :)
ReplyDelete