(That fun night. . . . Don't we look so young?! Or by young do I just mean skinny?!)
Before I got pregnant my goal was to lose weight. So last spring I signed up for Weight Watchers and successfully lost weight every week. I got pregnant and they promptly kick you off the program stating that they don't have a weight loss program for pregnant women (yeah . . . I figured that).
From day one of being pregnant I was already worrying about how I would lose the baby weight. I voiced my concern to a couple coworkers who responded with things like "oh don't worry, if you nurse the weight will just fall right off." (ya. . . I wish . . . that has not been the case for me at all!) I have also heard other things like "Well it takes 9 months to gain the weight it should take you at least 9 months to lose it." I think that is what skinny moms tell chubby new moms to make them feel better. I have been working the past couple months to try to lose weight and just haven't seen the results I would like to. I am trying to track everything I eat on myfitnesspal.com. It definitely helps! Also, I don't eat sugar during the week. When I feel like I need a snack, I grab fruit (man . . . I am going to miss our fruit trees!) or a yogurt or just drink more water and put a piece of gum in my mouth. I have also been walk/running (is that called jogging?!) I am up to going about 4 miles in an hour. Avery loves our walk/runs in the morning and ends up falling asleep while we are out every day. I track my route each morning on my phone through mapmyrun.com which is awesome!
Not only do I want to be able to wear my ring again, my back hurts in the morning when I wake up (like it did when I was pregnant) and my knees are sore and "snap, crackle and pop" during the day. I know that by losing weight that will help these problems!
I feel like I don't have any reasons why I shouldn't be able to get back to where I want to be. I don't work, I am able to be at home all day, this is a perfect time of year to be outside with a baby (not for much longer though!) and I only have one child to take care of! So there, I have said it in the blogging world . . . now maybe something will happen!
I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband who takes such good care of us, a nice house and a sweet, healthy and happy baby! Life is pretty perfect right now, it would just be a little better if I could fit into some more of my clothes and be able to give Avery a bath without groaning like a old women as I am trying to get up from being on my knees. So there you have it. I don't just sit at home and watch soap operas and eat bon bons all day. :)
Megs, you are doing everything that you should be doing. Be proud of yourself. Just keep at it. Don't get discouraged. I know for me it always happens around their 1st birthday and the fat just starts to magically melt away. I work really hard from month 2 on but by month 12 it's all worth it. It's a hard stage where you are a new mom and want to look cute and skinny with your new baby but it takes time. I usually just get a haircut and a new outfit and that buys me some time to get back into my "skinny" jeans and other clothes. I'm sorry your back and knees are giving you problems. You are amazing and such a great mommy. I hope you see results soon. Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteum... i still vote in just resizing your ring. that's a lot less work :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Tina! That gives me hope that something might happen for me! And yes Shanell, I am oh so tempted to do that!
ReplyDeleteI do myfitnesspal.com too. We should be pals or friends or whatever... you can do that on there right...?? And my wedding ring still doesn't fit. It's being resized right now. My swelling never went all the way down. Awesome. Good thing those babies are so cute...
ReplyDeleteMeg, it took me a little over a year to fit into my not pregnant clothes. Don't be hard on yourself, you'll get there! I'm now trying to get to the high school weight and it makes me sad. I'm not good at the self control thing.
ReplyDelete