Thursday, October 4, 2012

6 Months!

It is here . . . . Avery is half of a year old!  
6 MONTHS!  I can't believe how quickly time is going!  Each month I think, "oh she is so much fun I love her little personality I want her to stay this age forever."  But then the next month comes and it just gets better!  She is rolling like crazy and will get up like she wants to crawl but only scootches (is that a word?!) backwards.  She sucks her thumb sometimes and we got her giggling like crazy the other night (I am still working on trying to post the video.  Blogger isn't liking the format it is in!)  Her first tooth broke through on Saturday.  She has been a little fussy and has had a crazy runny nose the past few days.  But for the most part she has been handling it pretty well!  We went to her 6 month dr. appointment on Tuesday and she is doing well.  She weighs 15 lbs. 13 oz, and is 26 1/4" tall.  Her head is right on average too at 16 3/4"!  She had a high hemoglobin test come back but the dr. didn't seem too worried.  We are going back next month to get it checked again.  
We love this little bug and are so happy she came to our family!  (My mom would always say that to me and so now I of course always say that to Avery!)  There were too many cute pictures for me to whittle them down so you get to see a lot of this cute girl!
She is completely obsessed with stuffed animals!  One day we were down visiting in Mapleton and my niece Tessa got a new puppy stuffed animal and she was showing Avery.  Avery just squealed with delight and grabbed it with both hands and attacked it (like she is doing to this sheep!).  So when we got home I had to get out all of the stuffed animals we were given as presents and she has been having a blast with them!  Who would have known?!  I wonder what other things she would like but just haven't thought to give her?!
Love her hands in this.  So proper!
"Mom . . . you are taking SO many pictures of me!"

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures! She is so dang cute!!!

    ReplyDelete